MALLY BEAUTY FIERCE FRIDAYS PHOTO CONTEST
Rules & Regulations
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
2. How to Enter
To enter, go to the Mally Beauty Facebook page between August 26, 2013 and September 19, 2013 (the “Submission Period”) and click on the Fierce Fridays Facebook tab (www.facebook.com/mallybeauty/XXX). Select one of the 10 QVC Customer Choice Awards Nominees and upload a photo of you and one (1) of the ten (10) QVC nominated products (the “Photo”) and submit your name, email and why it’s your favorite product in 100 characters of less to be entered.
Mally Beauty must receive all entries to the Mally Beauty Fierce Fridays photo contest during the Submission Period for a participant to be eligible to win. By submitting one (1) Mally Beauty nominee, each participant receives one (1) entry into the sweepstakes. Each participant can submit an entry for each of the ten (10) products featured.
- Be 5 MB or less.
- Be in .jpeg or .gif format.
- Have been taken by you (or you must own all rights to the Photo).
- Include Mally Beauty product.
Photos must NOT:
- Have been previously submitted to any contest, sweepstakes, or promotion of any kind.
- Have been copied, in whole or in part, from any other work.
- Contain material that, in the sole discretion of Mally Beauty:
- Disparages any person or disparages Mally Beauty, any of its affiliates, any of its competitors, or any of their respective products or services.
- Violates or infringes upon the intellectual property or other rights of any third party.
- Includes any third party trademarks, logos, or brand names (although your Photo may include Mally Beauty’s trademarks and logos, if they are used in a proper manner).
- Appears to intentionally duplicate any other submitted photos.
- Is hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, or libelous.
- Promotes bigotry, racism, sexism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Contains any personal information, including, without limitation, name, address, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Uses the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any other person, living or dead.
- Promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, or firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing).
- Promotes any activities that may appear to be unsafe, dangerous, or unlawful.
- Is unlawful.
- Contains any nudity or any sexually explicit, lewd, offensive, disparaging, or other inappropriate content.
- Communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and good will with which Mally Beauty wishes to associate.
3. Selection of Winners
Mally Beauty will randomly select a total of ten (10) winners (“Winners”) and feature them on the Mally Beauty Facebook wall on the following dates:
- Friday, 9/6/2013
- Friday, 9/13/2013
- Friday, 9/20/2013.
No entries will be accepted after 11:59 PM EST on September 19, 2013.
By submitting an entry, you grant to Mally Beauty the unlimited rights to use the photo and entrant information on Facebook between the August 26, 2013 and September 20, 2013.
The Mally Beauty Fierce Friday Photo Contest is open to legal residents of the U.S. residing in the 48 contiguous states, Alaska, Hawaii, or the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older. Individuals who are or were employees of Mally Beauty, its affiliates, manufacturers, sales representatives, subsidiaries or parent companies, advertising/sales promotion agencies, judging organization since January 1, 2011, and the immediate families of each are not eligible. Void where prohibited. Entry materials become the property of Mally Beauty and will not be acknowledged or returned.
All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited. Mally Beauty is not responsible for any additional expenses incurred by participants in connection with participating in the contest or the claim or use of any prize awarded in the contest. By submitting your Mally Beauty nominee and photo, each participant agrees to be bound by these Sweepstakes Rules and Regulations. Any decisions related to the Sweepstakes, Sweepstakes Rules and Regulations, operation of the Sweepstakes, or qualifications and eligibility of any participant shall be made by Mally Beauty, in its sole discretion, and are final. Each participant agrees to release and hold Mally Beauty, its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, and its subsidiaries, parent companies, and other affiliated companies harmless from any and all damages, losses, claims, and/or liabilities arising out of his or her participation in the Contest or resulting from accepting or claiming any prize awarded hereunder. Mally Beauty reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, suspend, or otherwise cancel the Sweepstakes at any time for any reason. Each Winner will be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release or his or her prize will be forfeited (except where prohibited by law). Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use the Winner’s name, likeness, biographical information, photographs and any statements or remarks made about winning or participating in the Sweepstakes for advertising and promotional purposes (in any medium) without additional compensation. Participants acknowledge and agree that Mally Beauty may share any and all information collected through the Sweepstakes from time to time with its subsidiaries, parent companies, or other affiliated companies. Mally Beauty may verify that all Winners are qualified. If a Winner is disqualified or his or her prize is forfeited, Mally Beauty shall have the right, but not the obligation, to select an alternate Winner.
6. Grant Of Rights:
You hereby grant to Mally Beauty the unlimited right and permission to use, distribute, publish, exhibit, digitize, broadcast, display, reproduce, and otherwise exploit the Photo (edited or altered as Mally Beauty sees fit), as well as your name, picture, likeness, biographical information, and hometown or other location information (i.e., city and state), and any material based thereon or derived therefrom, together with any other material, in any manner, in any and all media whether now or hereafter known, anywhere in the world, in perpetuity, for purposes of advertising or trade (including, without limitation, the Mally Beauty Facebook page), without compensation, notification, or permission.
You shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based upon invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, blurring, alteration, distortion, illusionary effect, faulty reproduction, or use in any composite form of the Photo or your name, picture, likeness, biographical information, or hometown or other location information. You understand that Mally Beauty shall be under no obligation to make any use of the Photo or to exercise any of the rights granted herein. You agree that Mally Beauty is not responsible for any unauthorized use of Photo by third parties.
7. Rules and Winners
To obtain a complete copy of the official Rules and Regulations or the names of the Winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to 901 Dulaney Valley Road, Suite 902, Towson, Maryland 21204. Please specify whether you want a copy of the Rules and Regulations or the Winners’ names.
The Promotion is sponsored by MallyGirl, LLC and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and/or any other social media website or platform on which it may appear. Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc., Palo Alto, California. Use of this trademark is solely to describe the sweepstakes process and not to suggest any affiliation or sponsorship with Facebook, Inc.